Thursday, December 19, 2013

My Biggest Challenge

This piece was most definitely my biggest challenge. As my final, it was very time consuming and had to be impressive to show off all I'd learned during my time in ceramics. My major obstacle to overcome was my time limit. Because I'd made the bottom trunk itself so big I had to pay extra attention to the leaves and layers to make sure it was all proportional. I had to come in a lot of extra periods to work on it. The texture was also a big challenge because I has to put it all over the handle and spout as well as the trunk and the under part of my lid. If I could do it again, I'd maybe put some texture on the leaves, because palm tree leaves are usually not smooth-edged. I felt really excited as to how it came out, I think the glazed trunk came out even better than I thought it would. The monkey is adorable, and I think it was probably my biggest success in this class.

No comments:

Post a Comment